Investigative Skills: The Essentials – Online Workshop
This 12-hour programme, delivered online, has been developed to introduce investigators to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and the best practice principles and procedures required when conducting regulatory, compliance or workplace investigations. It will enable participants to develop knowledge and skills in investigative protocols & principles, investigative mind-set, investigative strategies and reporting.
Who should attend:
This Workshop is designed for individuals tasked with conducting investigations or who will operate as part of an investigation team. No prior experience is necessary.
This fully online, practical course uses a blend of online resources, social learning and virtual classroom delivered over three phases of learning.
- Phase 1 comprises 10-hours of independent learning delivered via instructional videos.
- Phase 2 comprises 120-minutes social learning.
- Phase 3 comprises 2 x 120-minute virtual classroom sessions.
Participants will actively work on developing their own investigation plan and finding solutions to real-life investigative scenarios authentic to the workplace reality of the participants.
On completion of the training participants will be able to:
- Display professional and ethical practice in keeping with current legislation and organisational policies and procedures
- Conduct investigations in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations, organisational policies/protocols and national and international best practice
- Identify legislation and regulations pertaining to a specific investigations
- Demonstrate in-depth understanding of professional standards, investigative processes and courtroom practice
- Apply basic investigative methodology during an investigation
- Plan and conduct an investigation
- Identify information sources
- Identify new lines of enquiry
- Identify potential witnesses
- Engage in dynamic risk assessment during an investigation
For more information on this course please fill in and submit the form below.